Tuesday, September 14, 2021

I decided it might be time!


The years are passing, and I am growing older.   Who would have thought thirty years ago that my small newsletter which I named "RoseMary's NoteBook"© would have become an older lady with me?   I had certain hopes but frankly I look back now and am slightly astounded to think that we have come this far.

Thirty years ago women were confronting discrimination.   Race, colour, gender, and my pet-focus at the time - size discrimination.    Have things changed in the years between?  I leave that to you to answer, for I am not quite sure.   In some ways, perhaps, in others definitely not.

That brings me to the situation as at now.   It was in chatting to a number of other women in my age group, and younger, that someone mentioned a couple of my small naIive motivational booklets that I wrote back in those early days.   While the majority of these booklets were focussed on building up the confidence of women-of-size, surprisingly many women of different faiths, cultures and race found the subject matter gave them the inspiration to strive forward, to seek acceptance, and to build upon self-esteem.   

So with that thought in mind, I've decided to allow some of these booklets to be included on this blog.   For while time has marched on, the subject matters dealt with during the past thirty years from my desk have remained constant.

Keep tuned ........





No comments:

Post a Comment