Tuesday, September 14, 2021

HOW DOES ONE ACT OUTRAGEOUSLY WHEN IN LOCKDOWN?

From the heading of this post one can easily see that being outrageous in lockdown is a little beyond a growing older lady.   In one way or another.

For we're allowed an hour for exercise.   Well that's terrific - if you are still mobile enough to stride along the beachfront (which I would dearly like to do), but with the years come not only some of the "slowing" probems but also increased pain.   Something we have to confront and face, and adjust to, and overcome if we are fortunate enough to do so.

But I am fortunate in having a mobility scooter.   A general little run-around scooter.   It's amazing just how many little corners, and streets and courts, that I find I enjoy wandering within.   

But sometimes I feel as though I would like to break into dance.   Under the large gum trees sprinkling right throughout this area of suburban Melbourne.   Mind you, if I dressed according to how I would like to express my "dance" then maybe I'd be charged with some sort of offence, but seriously I feel like putting on my sequinned neck to ankle garment that I wore when Belly Dancing - back in the good old days!   Believe me, a big girl can move really well when belly dancing!

So I'm left "dreaming", but dreaming is part and parcel of our lives.   And I like to think that even growing older shouldn't in any way impede our memories and our future dreams.  For dreams are essential to us as food and water.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment